We Are Hiring: Production Manager
BMC Manufacturing Design Engineers
We operate from a 20,000 sq. ft. production facility in Ashbourne, manufacturing Low Voltage switchgear and Motor Control Centres. We have a highly trained, experienced and dedicated staff, who provide a quality product and service for our customers. We recognise the need to keep up with developing technology, with this in mind we use the latest computer-based estimating, design and project management tools.
BMC has a strong orderbook with and excellent client base and has significant growth potential both domestically and in export markets
We are continuing to build on our market leading reputation and experience in the LV Switchgear Manufacturing and Maintenance Sectors and are currently in a significant growth phase.
As a result we are currently hiring design engineers to join our extremely well regarded team.
Reporting to the Sales Director, this position presents an excellent opportunity for a qualified professional in design engineering and the key project management functions of electrical switchgear production.
The successful candidate will be required to have technical knowledge, and an ability to project manage.
Attributes, such as team leadership and commercial awareness would be an advantage.
- Preparation of detailed design drawings and documentation in line with specifications
- Identifying customer requirements
- Researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and production schedules
- Working to International (IEC), British (BS), European (EN) and other standards
- Commercial control of key projects including budgets and variations.
- Liaising with key customers, sub-contractors and suppliers, including site surveys and meetings.
- Project commercial controls including variations.
- Monitoring products in use to improve on future design and liaise with R+D department for Product development
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience in a related position / comparable role involving exposure to switchgear design engineering and managing multiple ongoing projects
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Electrical) an advantage
- Project management skills
- Aptitude for problem solving
- An ability to respond to a fast-moving business environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Oral and written presentation skills
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Training in Six Sigma or Design for Six Sigma is a plus.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, excellent package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you're a team player and we've just described your career aspirations, then please send your CV to email@example.com